This book offers an accessible, practical introduction to program evaluation and performance measurement for public and non-profit organizations, and has been extensively updated since the first edition. Using examples, it covers topics in a detailed fashion, making it a useful guide for students as well as practitioners who are participating in program evaluations or constructing and implementing performance measurement systems. Authors James C. McDavid, Irene Huse, and Laura R. L. Hawthorn guide readers through conducting quantitative and qualitative program evaluations, needs assessments, cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analyses, as well as constructing, implementing and using performance measurement systems. The importance of professional judgment is highlighted throughout the book as an intrinsic feature of evaluation practice.
- Guides readers through conducting quantitative and qualitative program evaluations and needs assessments, as well as constructing and implementing performance measurement systems
- Demonstrates how program evaluation and performance measurement are complementary ways of supporting evidence-based management and decision making
- Covers the hot topic of professional judgment
- Provides audiences with reader friendly checklists to underscore key points.
- Cited 2013 Aug 16]. Available from: http://www.sagepub.com/books